Home Care Careers
In-Home Care Agency in Texas
Serving clients across New Braunfels, Canyon Lake, Seguin, Schertz, San Marcos, Wimberley, Spring Branch, and the surrounding areas.
Job Description: Caregiver
We are always looking for highly qualified caregivers. All genders, all ages, all colors, shapes and sizes are encouraged to apply.
The caregiver provides personal care, household assistance, and companionship to clients in their own residence. The caregiver works under the supervision of the cooperative administrators and is assigned specific tasks through the client’s Individualized Services Plan.
Primary Areas of Responsibility:
- Assists clients with personal care, which may include bathing, shampooing, shaving, toileting, dressing, transfers, ambulation and positioning
- Performs household services essential to the client’s safety and care including; laundry, meal preparation, housekeeping, transportation and shopping
- Strives to uplift and enrich the client’s well being both physically, emotionally and mentally
- Performs only the tasks defined in the care plan for the client and observes, documents and reports any changes in the client’s condition
- Assists with medications as indicated in the client’s care plan and co-op policies
- Adheres to safety and accident prevention measures as outlined in the employee manual
- Charts and submits paperwork accurately and on time
- Respects the different beliefs, opinions, cultures and customs of our clients and their families
- Upholds professionalism within the client’s home and community
- Bending, lifting, kneeling, and pushing tasks related to client assistance and household help
- Using proper body mechanics learned through required training
- Prolonged standing and walking – sometimes for the full duration of the shift
- Displays clear, respectful, and timely communication with administrators and fellow caregivers.
- Responds quickly to email and text communication regarding scheduling and client change of condition/care
While this position’s primary responsibility is to provide in-home care to the assigned client, the caregiver will also work as part of a member-owned cooperative. Membership into eQuality HomeCare Coop is both a privilege and a responsibility. Caregivers are invited to apply for membership after 3 months of employment. We have a comprehensive list of membership requirements to ensure caregivers understand the business and are engaged as owners.
- At least eighteen (18) years of age
- Able to pass a drug test and Texas criminal background check
- Valid Government-issued ID
- Tools and knowledge to communicate in a timely manner, i.e.: smartphone, email account, internet access
- Honest and professional with high ethical standards
- Mature, flexible, good judgment, and creative problem-solving skills
- Time management and highly organized
- Ability to work independently and as a supportive team member
- Effective, Positive, and Productive communication with administrators, clients, and fellow caregivers
- Previous caregiving experience
- Knowledge or experience in Dementia Care
- Knowledge or experience in Hospice / End of Life Care
- Auto Insurance and a reliable, safe vehicle
- Passion for heart-centric work
Position is Part/Full Time
Office is located at 297 W. San Antonio, New Braunfels, TX 78130
Position Title: Caregiver
Reports to: Administrators
Benefits: Profit Sharing, On-site and online training
Average weekly hours may fluctuate due to client’s conditions
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online now by clicking the button below.