This page is dedicated to sharing COVID-19 information with our clients and families. We'll be posting news stories, tips and official statements. Our goal is to keep you up to date as this situation evolves.
Guadalupe County: https://www.co.guadalupe.tx.us/commcourt/covid-19_press_releases.php
Department of Human Services (DHS): https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/
Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Tips to Assist our Families to REDUCE the RISK of COVID-19:
- Encourage your loved ones to get vaccinated; currently everyone 12 and older is eligible, and there is easy access to supply
- Be aware of the signs: cough, fever, shortness of breath, body aches, fatigue, headache, sore throat, nausea, diarrhea, loss of smell and/or taste
- Get tested as soon as any of the above symptoms are present
- Instruct client to contact his or her primary care physician for any questions/concerns or if test result is positive
- Talk with your loved one about using online shopping and delivery
- Ensure client to ensure he or she has enough groceries and medication on hand
- Keep our older, more vulnerable adults away from large crowds
- Encourage visitation by phone, facetime, video with loved ones, and check on our loved ones often
Questions to ask Seniors/Elders about Social Distancing
- Do you have enough food, medication and supplies?
- Do you feel physically? Do you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath?
- Are you feeling worried or anxious about anything?
- What do you need help doing?
- Are you sleeping well?